Monday 18 October 2010

My Proposal

For my local newspaper I intended to use the title ‘The Pinner Bugle’ in a font similar to sans serif, the colours I plan to use on my front cover are a dark blue as my main colour and either a dull yellow or purple.

For advertising I am going to use a local pizza, a car rental and similar small local businesses around Pinner. I will photograph their products or buildings and keep their adverts small to use a small text.

It will be sold at 50p as that was what my questionnaire proved to be the general conclusion on ‘how much they would spend on a local newspaper’ my newspaper will be aimed at everyone in Pinner from all ages and genders, by showing people from all ages from the community in the local newspaper.

My ideas for my main articles are, the new over-ground line trains and how Pinner enjoys the new comfortable ride, I can take pictures of inside and outside of the train and the train map, I will do some research on how long the trains have been running past and present, I will research people’s opinions on the new trains, by doing all of this I will gather a suitable story showing a brief history the trains and some images of the new trains and a general consensus of the local people’s opinions.

Another idea I have is for a Taekwondo British Championship which is taking place in November, and the Pinner taekwondo team is competing, since last year they won 5 gold medals this is a good opportunity for a community achievement story, I will take a team photograph, and some photos of some of the team competing. I will write about how they have done previously, an interview with the team manager, with this I can have a sporting achievement story, which would relate to teenagers who may have friends competing, or the older generation who are glad to see teenagers doing something for the community.

My other idea for a story is remembrance parade and how an air cadet squadron from Pinner is taking part in the march past the laying of the wreath and an officer’s salute, this would make a very nice story showing how some teenagers can use their time to more productive useful things than the stereotypical ASBO teenager. I can take a picture of the squadron in various different stages of the March past and salute. I can ask some of the people who will see the display what they thought of the display.

My first edition intends to be very positive toward the community to give a good impression of Pinner when you read it, and to develop a rapport with the audience, I will do this by using a positive representation of Pinner by displaying the advancing in the community and the success of good people in the area.

For my local newspapers website I intend to use the same stories from the print copy, I plan on keeping the adverts only on the left to keep them from interfering with any of the text, I will have video interviews from the taekwondo tournament and the train story on the site to add to the interactivity, a slideshow of the photos from the different events, the website should be very interactive and do much more than the print version , hopefully making people come back more and more, the website will be a no fee subscription service, meaning all money will come from advertising/ donations, this is because my questionnaires general conclusion for ‘would you pay for a digital version of your local newspaper’ was a no, a free subscription would be best as I could push notifications via email or mobile about the week’s issue being available increasing chances of receiving hits greatly.

1 comment: